Discover Dance Camps
Learn ballet and journey through the world of dance, including
Flamenco, Latin, Bollywood, Chinese, and African dances
During the Discover Dance Camp series, students will learn ballet and journey through the world of dance, including Flamenco, Latin, Bollywood, Chinese, and African dances. Each week will culminate with an in studio presentation for the parents to enjoy.
The young dancers will enjoy crafts including making props for their dances and painting scenery for the ballets. Teachers will also introduce other more contemporary dance styles, freedom of movement, and dancing in groups.
For girls, leotard/tights/ballet slippers is recommended, but really any flexible, reasonably fitted clothing is welcome. For boys, white or black shirt/tights or shorts/ballet slippers is recommended, but once again, any flexible and reasonably fitted clothing is welcome.
Every day of the camp will include a snack break. Please have a snack prepared for your dancer each day, or you can give him/her some cash to buy snacks at the studio. NO PEANUT SNACKS. Our snacks range from 50 cents to 1 dollar.
Week One: June 18-22
Week Two: June 25-29
|9:00-9:30 am||Simple craft & sign-in|
|9:30-10:30 am||M/W: Dances from around the world or ballet
|10:45 am-12:00 pm||M/W: Dances from around the world or ballet
T/Th: Story with improvisation or ballet
F: Rehearsal (10:45-11:30 am) then Mini Recital (11:30 am-12:00pm)
|12:00-1:00 pm||Lunch (optional) & sign-out|
Enroll by creating an online account for new customers, or log into an existing account.
Choose your camp. If you are using the bring a friend discount, let us know in the form at the bottom of the page, only once both students have enrolled.
- Log in to the Customer Portal or Create an Account.
- Click "Classes" at the top.
- Click "Find Classes" (to the right of the square turquoise "My Schedule" button).
- Click on the correct summer program.
- Click "Add to Cart."
- Confirm the correct students and click "Add to Cart" again.
- Click on the cart icon at the top of the page.
- Click "Enroll Now" and look for a confirmation email.
Commit to camp by paying.
On May 1, we require a $25 non-refundable deposit for those who have registered to secure your booking. The deposit will be credited to your camp fee. All fees are due on June 1. If you register after May 1, the $25 deposit is due at the time of enrollment.
If you register after June 1, payment is due in full at the time of enrollment.
- Log in to Customer Portal.
- Click on "Billing & Payments."
- Verify that you have a balance that reflects enrollment in the summer program (note: it will also reflect any current tuition fees.)
- Click the green "Pay Now" button.
- In the "Outstanding Fees" section, locate any summer program fee. To verify that it's one of the summer fees, click on the blue "..." on the right side of the fee row, and check that the "Fee Subtype" is "Summer Program."
- Click the checkbox next to the fee and enter the balance that you'd like to pay.
- Click the green "Pay Now" button and proceed with payment.
Once paid, your spot is guaranteed. Class limit is 20 students, minimum enrollment is five students. We will advise you 14 days in advance if we do not achieve minimum class size.
Call us at (858) 674-1006 or email email@example.com or fill out the form below.
If you have any problems enrolling, please call us at (858) 674-1006.
Register with a friend and you both save $50 each.* Details below.
If a recreation camp or summer intensive does not reach our minimum weekly enrollment, we hold the right to cancel that week at a full refund. We will let you know fourteen days in advance of any cancellations.
A parent who withdraws their child from a recreation camp or summer intensive fourteen or more days before the start of camp will receive a full refund less a $25 cancellation.
You will receive a 50% refund if you cancel less than 14 days before the start of the program less a $25 cancellation fee.
No refunds are available once the program has started.
At your request, we will convert your unused camp/intensive cancellation fee into a tax-deductible donation to Black Mountain Dance Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, dba Southern California Ballet.
*Bring a friend discount: please fill out the form below ONLY AFTER both students have enrolled. Let us know who the two students are, and we will apply the discount to your account. Please put "Discover Dance friend discount" as the subject.